Who We Are
Located in the heart of Arkansas, Black Bear Kindred is progressive kindred that focuses on the worth of the individual, and not their age, gender, sexuality, or ethnic identity. We practice inclusive Heathenry.
Our practice is a hybrid of Ozark lore and Norse Mythology. Ozark folklore and magical practices are the descendant of Anglo-Saxon culture, a cousin to Norse belief.
Our kindred is currently made up of five families. We host monthly gatherings in the Central Arkansas area, so come out and meet us.
Statement of Faith
- Believes that the worth of those who follow our path is based on their deeds and not their age, ethnicity, gender expression, or family status
- Actively honors the Goddesses and Gods of pre-Christian Northern Europe who are commonly known as the Aesir and Vanir.
- Builds ties to our local wights.
- Honors and remembers our ancestors and their contributions to our family luck.
- Cultivates frith and fellowship among our kin.
- Shapes our own tradition. This tradition is based on a foundation of Heathenry but also influenced by our local cultural resources and geographical considerations.
- Nurtures the emotional, spiritual, and physical growth of our folk.
- Gives back to our local community as a group and as individuals.
Black Bear Kindred of Central Arkansas desires to create a Heathen community that is inclusive of all people regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, range of abilities, body size, sexual orientation, gender identity, financial means, education, and political perspective.
We fully support and celebrate our members and friends who are members of the LBGTQA+ community, and embrace them into all aspects of our religious community.